Some, Me, Like It Hot!
Ok, I admit, it has been a while. No, it hasn't gone unnoticed or uneventful for that matter. Other things tend to take over, and there you go.
Lots has gone on. I guess the main reason for the online absence is the trauma of a first trimester. Currently, we are in the 20th week of our pregnancy, and wishing that human's gestational period was a only few days. Some animals have all the luck! All in all, it hasn't been horrible, just uncomfortable, since pregnancy and me never got along. I get that whole "alien taking over my body, get your own" mentality. Sonya is very excited about our upcoming addition, and for a while was convinced that I could only have a girl. Toddler interpretation of life never ceases to make me chuckle, since if I could only have girls, I think she may have thought that Daddy would be having any boys in our future! Wouldn't that be a sight! Now, she is very happy with the thought of a younger brother or sister. We find out in a few next week who's keeping me awake at night, using my bladder like a stress ball!
Sonya had her 3 year birthday party, and sadly this horrible parent has no pictures to show for it! My Dad and Robyn took pics and posted them on their blogs, so here are the addresses.
Robynitra.blogspot.com
gramdmathompson.blogspot.com
I was busy refereeing a fishing game, hide and seek with Bruce the shark, and cutting cookie cake for our Nemo party. Dad drew several characters that were put up for a more authentic movie feel. Sonya loved it. Can't believe she's 3, and changing so much everyday. Such a sponge she is. Currently, she is very into going to the library and getting books on whatever it is we have been talking about, such as Pocahontas, fish, and caterpillars. The burning question of the week was whether or not daddy kangaroos had pouches. And...no they don't.
Other occurrences these past few months started with a trip back to the Burg for a visit with the rents during our Spring Break. It included some snuggle time with Grammy and Grandpa,
story and play time with Tori and Jacob,
and a tea party with Meme and Grammy. I visited my old stomping grounds at Falmouth Elementary to see some ex colleagues and students. Some of my special ed kids recognized me, and I nearly shed a tear or two. The trip was a week and very relaxing for me, but it felt short.
Back at the home front, Sonya, Robyn, and I discovered the closest thing to our Maymont Park back in VA.
The UK Arboretum is one of the most beautiful settings in the city. They have flowers and trees there that will have in some sort of bloom for every season.
There are several types of gardens, including Italian, herb, tulip, and rose.
They also have a small coy pond.
We became so enamored with it that we visited it again the very next week with Grammy in tow.
Sonya discovered a little puppy that we could have stuck in our pocket and taken home, it was so small!
We hid her inside a weeping cherry tree,
stopped for a cookie snack,
and smacked some kisses with Robyn.
Robyn was a live-in aunt for 6 weeks, and we loved every minute of it. Sonya misses her lots now that she is hard at work in Florida, but we know she can't stay away from the Sonya sweetness for much longer!
The rest of our time is quickly being divided between play dates, swim class, gymnastics class, and anything else we can think to do.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home