Climbing and Creations
Happy V Day a little late. Here's a cute pic of Sonya, & I was in it too, looking our best for our date with Daddy earlier that day. We had a happy day, playing with Belle, Robyn's dog that we have been dog sitting. Makes the family want a dog really bad! When spring comes, we will be looking into fences!
One of Sonya's new favorite things to do is to paint. We introduced finger painitng when she was around 9 months, but this time around she was ready for sponges and brushes. You can see the wheels turning when she is comtemplating the texture of the paint on her hands! Her creations are all over the fridge, in several layers, and may serve as wrapping paper for upcoming holidays!
Sonya is growing up so fast. She is climbing everywhere, couches, boxes, chairs, the vacuum cleaner! I was all too happy to enroll her in gymnastics class. We had a ball in the gym last week for our first class. It is one of the first structured things she has ever done, so we were fighting will a bit, but once she got over that, we were rolling and jumping, flailing, and falling until we were exhausting. Dangerous getting me back in the gym. I miss the smells.
An amazing creation. Nothing I did, except for all the faults. Sonya is so interested in everything, including her Bible story book. She is a sponge, soaking up everything that we can provide. She loves listening to stories about God, and Jesus' love for her, and then she loves dancing to silly "Move It" music, and reading to her animals, and counting (out of order, of course!). I thank God over an over that my calling to be "Christ-like perfect" is not without the knowledge that I will fail miserably again and again...and it's ok. Grace is bigger than anything I could mess up at. Isn't that an awesome idea? A God big enough to take all that and still mold us to His liking, already liking us for who we are since He made us anyway. Wow.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home