Summer Days
The summer is here at last and couldn't be happier. I love it smoldering. It's like a blanket with the nuisance of carrying it around all the time, like I do in the winter. We are outside a lot, playing with our water sand table, riding the trike, going to parks, and playing at Southland Pool in "the city." Sonya loves the water, and as much as I enjoy it myself and teaching Sonya to swim, I love the 3 hour naps tht follow!
lazying it up,
playing with our new soccer prodigy, Doc. I'm changing his name to Arsenal, club team in England. He is amazing!
Sonya and I are growing a sunflower. Just cuz. On the days that I haven't nearly killed it from lack of water, it is an inspiration of life. It worships the sun, and always seems to strain toward it with it whole being. I wish that was my lean in life as constant as a flower, yearning with every fiber to be closer to the Son. So much of nature shows of His nature. It's astounding to think God doesn't love us, it's so much that with every breath of creation He reaches out to us, like the sunflower. How can we not reach back? The sunflower cannot live without the sun, and in constant sunlight. Even if its caretaker loves it enough to give it water, without the sun, it would never be the beautiful blossom it was destined to be. It would live a long life in despair. Why would we ever want to sell ourselves short of fulfilling our life's goal, that blossom, bold and bright? We must recognize the false loves in our lives that may care about us, but never fully enough to reach that astonishing finish we were all meant for. Only in the light of the Son can we have this.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home